Thursday 11 August 2016

A stroll upriver

There were still a few plants flowering along the edge of Glebe Fields which I dealt with but there are more on the other side which might be possible to reach from the river bed. I left those for another occasion as I wanted to revisit the area upstream from Black Rocks which we cleared in mid June.

The water level was low so wading was easy and I was able to clear quite a lot on the little islands in the middle of the stream. Thanks to our efforts earlier there wasn't a huge amount and it didn't take long to clear them.

There's still a lot along the edge of the field on the far side of the river. Some of the seeds are turning black now particularly where they are in the sun so there's not much time left this year to clear them.

On my way back I caught sight of an egret flying near to Black Rocks. I wonder whether it's the same bird John saw last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment